We prefer online submissions, but if you are unable to use the form, please email us and we will send you a .pdf.
After you submit your application, you must email us the following documents in order for your application to be complete. Please also check your email inbox (and your SPAM or JUNK box!) for a response from us within 24 hours.
- Photocopy/scan of passport photo page (US drivers licences and state IDs are also acceptable)
- Letter of good standing (students) or proof of completion (graduates) from your medical school
- CV or Resume
- Immunization records:
MMR–Evidence of vaccine or titers; DTP–Evidence of DTP or TdaP vaccine, or titers for diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis; Hep. B–Evidence of Hep B immunization or HbsAb (immunity) titer.
Negative PPD results in the past 6 months OR negative chest X-ray report within the past 12 months OR proof of the QuantiFERON test within the past 12 months
- Signed placement offer (we will send you this after we review your application)
- Participation in Chicago Clerkships’ client orientation.
- All placements will require personal health insurance. Proof of insurance must be received before your rotation begins. Clients who do not have a policy that covers them in the US can sign up for one using this link: LINK
Please allow a minimum of one month between your application submission date and your proposed placement start date.
Within 2 business days of submitting your application:
- You will receive an email requesting clarification and further details, or a placement offer.
Within 2 business days of accepting and submitting your signed placement offer and paying $300 deposit:
- You will receive a receipt for your deposit combined with a letter in support of visa application.
- You will receive specific details about your placement
- You will receive information about homestay placement options if requested.
Before your rotation placement begins:
- You must submit full payment via wire transfer, cash, check from U.S. bank, Venmo, Transferwise, or Zelle. Credit cards can also be used via our online store, but please note there is a 4% surcharge for using credit cards: http://shop.chicagoclerkships.com/.
The Sunday before your first placement begins:
- You must participate in a mandatory orientation session.
Getting A Visa
Please download this brochure from the US State Department: Business Visas
Note at the bottom where it says “Training.” This is your category. We suggest that you take this with you to the interview, and add the following text to your application where it asks the reason for your visit:
“I, ____NAME____, have been accepted for a voluntary, non-paid supervised training rotation with Chicago Clerkships. Chicago Clerkships provides training opportunities for foreign medical graduates and current students. The nature of my visit is to participate in this clinical training program. I will receive no payment or income from this training program and intend to leave when the program is over.”
Please note, your $300 deposit is non-refundable with the exception of visa denials. If your visa is denied, you can submit documentation from Department of State specifying this and we will refund 50% of your deposit.